Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My septic tank is shared by a neighbour the land was sold the

My septic tank is shared by a neighbour the land was sold the new neighbour has sealed my pipes to the tank off I cannot use my toilet facilities or wash what do I do
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. You need to go to court to get an injunction preventing your neighbour from blocking off your pipes and allowing you to take measures to unlock the pipes. Otherwise, you risk having raw sewage in your house, once the pipes back up. This sort of behaviour by your neighbour is totally uncalled for. It is the antithesis of civilised behaviour. So, I would advise you to see a solicitor and a plumber who can unblock the pipes. You will get your injunction for the asking. However, be aware that once you have got the injunction in place and the pipes unblocked, you will have to engage in either mediation or litigation in order to sort the issue of the septic tank out. So, see the obtaining of the injunction as the first step in sorting out the problem concerning the septic tank.