Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My name is ***** ***** I am from Romania , and

Customer Question

Hello My name is***** and I am from Romania , and I have a law issue in Preston ,UK with a Solicitors company regarding a Will .From the start I like to mention that for the moment I am in Romania and I need some assistance from a lawyer . In few words i will try to describe my situation : My partner was die on 8th January 2015 in Preston ,UK .We was together for 18 years we did'nt was married . On 30th June 2015 i was received legacy notification latter from solicitors company wich inform me that Under the terms of the late Mr.***** ***** Wilkinson Will is bequeathed me legacy and they need my bank information and did'nt say what amount of money i will get . After i answer the latter and send my bank account info,the solicitors company send me 5000 GBP ,and they send me a notification latter on 20th Julay 2015 witch said that Under therms of his Will he bequeathed legacy to you in the sum of 5000 GBP. After i receive the money i ask the solicitors company to send me a copy of his Will. After i made this request the solicitors company insulte me and refused to talk with me and give to me that copy of his Will .After more calls they tell me there is not a Will and that notification witch was send to me it was wrong ,and it must to change the phrase “ Under the terms of his Will “ with this phrase Under the terms of His "intestate"Rules “ So that ar the facts and i need how much money it will cost me to start beeing aided by a lowyer i wait answer if you can help me in this problem Kind Regards ***** ********@******.*** XXXX

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear *****iela, this is most unusual and seems to suggest that there is some element of fraud going on in relation to the estate of your late partner, ***** ***** Wilkinson. The first thing you need to do is to search the Probate Registry to see if there has been any will lodged for probate in relation to your late partner. Under the law of England & Wales, a will must be lodged in the Probate Office if there is a will. You can make a postal search or search online in the Leeds Probate Registry to see if a will was lodged for your late partner. Here is a link to the website http://theprobatedepartment.co.uk/find-the-nearest-probate-registry/leeds-district-probate-registry-office/ and here is a link to the form you need to fill in online to do a search http://theprobatedepartment.co.uk/common-questions/
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Dear *****iela, the second thing you need to do is to make a complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) about the behaviour of the solicitor's firm here. The solicitors have clearly changed their story from it being a will to being one of intestacy. This suggests fraud. So you should get the SRA to investigate it. Here is a link http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page. There is a clear issue of honesty and integrity in relation to the solicitor's firm. The SRA can investigate and see what is the situation. You should also make your own enquiries about any of the friends of your late partner.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. The third things you should do is to instruct an alternative firm of solicitors to make a claim for you. Under the Inheritance (Rights of Dependents) Act, 1975, you have a right to share in the estate of your late partner, greater than to the extent of £5,000. YOu only have six months within which to make a claim. So you should issue proceedings immediately and make a claim regardless of what the (fraudulent) firm of solicitors have said. If you don't immediately make a claim, it will be defeated through the lapse of time. As you lived with him for 18 years, the lions share of the estate should go to you. So don't be cheated out of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your fast response .i understand that i have to move fast with this .Can you please give a numbre from a company who can help me in this metter

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
4. I would advise you to get a firm of solicitors near where you live or have lived in the UK so if you are in the UK YOU CAN visit them. Be sure they have experience in the law on solicitors and probate. It would be foolish to get a firm of solicitors in some other part of the UK as then you would have the diffculty of going there to contact them.
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello I have other question to you ,in first question I was try to describe my situation In few words

and you said “ this is most unusual and seems to suggest that there is some element of fraud going on “

now I am tell you more and I have the official answer from Napthens Solicitors .

i attached my 2 notification letter that I received from Napthens Solicitors.

Now I am asking you : is possible for a company that provides legal services to send wrong template in such situations from your experience ?

This is my phone conversation with Mr .Richard McDowell

Client Care on Napthens Solicitors i have the prove :

what happened the Notifying letter that came to you ,It has been sent wrong and must be changed that notification letter,It should say actually write notification letter "Under the terms of His "intestate Rules " and I am not entitled to receive anything apologize for it for fault notification letter from our part .

Usually notifying ar wrote Under the terms of his Will .

But your case I had actually had to write Written Under the terms of His "intestate"Rules

As I said in your case it was sent the wrong notification letter and we apologize for this , on my email i was tell you that I am looking into this matter for you I have also found it for you,but now tell me what you think ?

My answer to him : your lied to me and you try to cover Mrs.Victoria Marsh

What is your opinion about my phone conversation with Mr .Richard McDowell

what do you think ?

13/10/2015 official answer from Napthens Solicitors by email with letter attach and tell me it was a wrong template

is possible this ?

on his website it say :

About Us

Napthens provides legal services “

http://www.napthens.co.uk/about-us/

wait for your replay and opinion advice

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes you can continue the search .

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nicola if anyone not replied to my question,can you please remove my attach from my question ?

thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I have done this for you. Please let me know if you would like the offered refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nicola

Yes ,can you refund