How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33325
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I filed the claim via MCOL and the date defendant

Customer Question

hi i filed the claim via MCOL and the date for the defendant to reposed is today. He has not responded via MCOL but he emailed me directly and asked me to withdraw th claim as he does not want a judgement issued against him. he said he will pay me in full asap as he is jet waiting on some money. As the date for th edefendant to respond by is today, can i withdraw without a judgement being issued against him?
if so, then how do i do this?
can i withdraw after a few days or do i have to do it today?
if he does not repay me as promised, can i issue another claim against him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiHas he said how long the money will take?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.


not specifically. he said he is waiting on a new credit card which he expects to receive in days and then he will take money out of that and repay me in full. he said he thought it would arrive today but it didn't. he is more worried about a judgement being issued even if he does pay me in full, as he is a police officer.this is why he wants me to completely withdraw.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he just text and said he will pay in full tomorrow.

if he pays tomorrow should i withdraw so a judgement is not issued?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
A Judgement will only be issued if you apply for itIf he pays - and only when the monies are in your bank account as cleared funds - then yes you can withdraw the claimI hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.


Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions