I filed the claim via MCOL and the date defendant

Customer Question

hi i filed the claim via MCOL and the date for the defendant to reposed is today. He has not responded via MCOL but he emailed me directly and asked me to withdraw th claim as he does not want a judgement issued against him. he said he will pay me in full asap as he is jet waiting on some money. As the date for th edefendant to respond by is today, can i withdraw without a judgement being issued against him?
if so, then how do i do this?
can i withdraw after a few days or do i have to do it today?
if he does not repay me as promised, can i issue another claim against him?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiHas he said how long the money will take?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not specifically. he said he is waiting on a new credit card which he expects to receive in days and then he will take money out of that and repay me in full. he said he thought it would arrive today but it didn't. he is more worried about a judgement being issued even if he does pay me in full, as he is a police officer.this is why he wants me to completely withdraw.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he just text and said he will pay in full tomorrow.

if he pays tomorrow should i withdraw so a judgement is not issued?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
A Judgement will only be issued if you apply for itIf he pays - and only when the monies are in your bank account as cleared funds - then yes you can withdraw the claimI hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well