12826847

I need to know if I can get charged . My friend

Hi I need to know if I can get charged for this. My friend decided to record sexual videos of his 20 year old girlfriend and send them to me. I didn't tell him to record them I just laughed as I thought he was joking around. Before he sent them I said "lol go on" still thinking it was a joke. After he sent them I then told him he was sick in the head and he said he'd do it again I told him not to as it was wrong. I deleted the videos. Have I committed a crime at all?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I presume she didn't consent to being filmed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi jo. I'm not sure she definitely looked into the camera a few times
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I presume you haven't sent the videos onto anybody else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No definitely not they've been deleted
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You haven't committed an offence.
I suppose at the very outside they could argue that you encouraged him to commit an offence but they are not going to charge that. They very rarely use the secondary offences and I'm not sure it is really made out against you anyway.
He would have committed an offence if he didn't have her permission to do this.
I don't think she could argue that she didn't know she was being filmed from what you say but she will probably argue that she didn't know he was going to send it to you. One solution to that which commends itself to me is not to agree to do it but sadly some people just like to be victims.