75100385

My ltd company has 9 individual summons payment

Hi my ltd company has 9 individual summons for non payment of council tax for the amount of £8966.33. Now the problem is the bailiff is grouping them together because any amount over £1500 they can put a extra 7.5% on to the bill. The highest individual summons amount is £1003 and there is 7 and the 2 left are £500 ish . There is £75 extra each for court hearing costs and bailiff charge of £235 so the rest is this 7.5%. So should the bailiff be dealing with them individual or can he group them together and charge me the extra 7.5%
Stewart
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do they relate to the same period or different years please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi no some in 2014 some 2015 and some 2016 and all different houses but they were issued at the same time court and date Stewart
Ok. What the bailiff should do is issue one for each year per house. This is because each house is separate and then each billing period is a new date,
So you need to check, if they are arrears for the same house in the same period they can't issue more than one and it should be together.
If it's over a number of years and different houses they can,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi as they are 9 different houses, over 3 different years he should not be grouping them together. Thanks, Stewart
Sadly not. I am sorry but I have a duty to be honest
Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.