12826847

HiI am a local authority sheltered housing scheme tenant.I

Customer Question

I am a local authority sheltered housing scheme tenant.
I have been advised by the council as statement below regarding the resiting of a fence.
My only interest in the resiting is the effect it has on a summer house erected with council permission on the property and a rose trellis, erected by myself which will need to be moved.in addition I have evidence that the definition of the boundary is incorrect.I have presented this to the council over the past 2 years but it has been ignored
Without your ggetting too deeply involved I would simply like to know my rights as a tenant regarding being able to discuss, object or request amendment to the planned moving of the fence. Council Planning dept have approved this without any application and I have unanswered issues regarding the resiting. The comments in the last paragraph suggest I have no rights to be consulted.nis this correct?
"As you are aware Ashford Borough Council are paying for the contribution of 3 and 4 Monypenny for these works to go ahead. Works that you and your neighbour have instigated and a problem that was raised to Cllr Bennett. This is not the cheapest or easiest solution for this situation and I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the property including the garden is owned by Ashford Borough Council and it is a Sheltered Housing property and therefore does not have the Right To Buy attached to it. The boundary definition is the responsibility of ABC not the tenant."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now 36 hours since I placed my question ?? can you please update me with an answer.Regards
Graham Tiltman
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many Thanks for your replyHi NicolaI am happy to wait for an answer but would like some idea of how long this will be pleaseregards
Graham
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Unfortunately JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time, however most questions are answered in a timely manner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiTo simplify if it helps
I can condense my enquiry to 1 Question as followsDo I have the same legal rights over Planning Issues, (my being a sheltered Housing Council House Tenant), As An Owner Occupier of a property would ?I can work around the other issues I raised but it would be good to have clarification of the above.Kind Regards
Graham Tiltman
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see why my question is beyond the realms of a solicitor to answer surely it is straightforward ? Or is it because it is a Council Issue and you do not wish to get involved ?please let me know what the problem is ?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I'm afraid I don't know what the problem is, I have not had any feedback about the question from our Experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am happy to wait. Please keep me posted
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any news yet !?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying you cannot give me an answer as that is what it sounds like.??
If you are able to answer the question then please do so.
If not then refund my money immediately.
Very disappointed in your service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I do apologise, I did not get the reply notification. I will process the refund for you now.