75100385

My name is***** and I was wondering if you will be

Customer Question

My name is***** and I was wondering if you will be able to help. My son is 12 years old and has been playing for barnet fc for two years now. Under 13 team.
It has reached the stage that he is going to start boarding school and we are also moving out of the area. We have told the club and they have said they are not going to release him without compensation. We pay a yearly fee of £200.00 and last season he didn't even get a kit and all the other kids got a kit, when we asked for the kit we were told we would get £100.00 back, which are yet to receive.
What we are asking for, is for him to be released from the club without any compensation as his education is priority right now.
Is this a case you can take on or could you please point me in the right direction.
Kind Regards,
Akin Oyegoke
Hello my name,is Alex and I will help you,
Did you sign a contract with them? If so what does it say about termination?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes we signed a contract but can't remember what it said about termination and also they don't give you a copy

You need to ask. if it says you are tied in then you may be stuck. However you might be able to argue, if you are tied in, Regulation 5 of The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 which states:
5.—(1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.
(2) A term shall always be regarded as not having been individually negotiated where it has been drafted in advance and the consumer has therefore not been able to influence the substance of the term.
So ask for a copy of the contract, by law they must give you a copy if you ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the information, I was wondering if you provide a service whereby you can act on our behalf in this matter,

Sadly not, its against site rules.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.