How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I had a gastric band operation four years ago. The company

Resolved Question:

I had a gastric band operation four years ago. The company responsible for my treatment gave me free aftercare for three years and then I was asked to pay for two further years. As the company was closing down and being renamed, I was asked to put the money into the gastric nurses account. I had to wait six months for the new company to take over the treatment. They sent me a letter stating that they could make a one-off appointment for me to tide me over until they were up and running, but I could not make that appointment.
When I tried to phone them all the numbers that I had were disconnected. I found the nurse and the company director online and got an address for the new company. for the last four months I have been made appointments and then told that the appointments have been cancelled for reasons beyond their control and when I phone them I am just given the names of surgeons that I will have to pay again. Is there anything that I can do to claim my money back or to get the treatment I have paid for as the two years will be up by next june
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund from the company and nurse within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.


Related Law Questions