75100385

I had a gastric band operation four years ago. The company

I had a gastric band operation four years ago. The company responsible for my treatment gave me free aftercare for three years and then I was asked to pay for two further years. As the company was closing down and being renamed, I was asked to put the money into the gastric nurses account. I had to wait six months for the new company to take over the treatment. They sent me a letter stating that they could make a one-off appointment for me to tide me over until they were up and running, but I could not make that appointment.
When I tried to phone them all the numbers that I had were disconnected. I found the nurse and the company director online and got an address for the new company. for the last four months I have been made appointments and then told that the appointments have been cancelled for reasons beyond their control and when I phone them I am just given the names of surgeons that I will have to pay again. Is there anything that I can do to claim my money back or to get the treatment I have paid for as the two years will be up by next june
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund from the company and nurse within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.