Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

My younger brother is avoiding me, my father is 86 and starting

My younger brother is avoiding me, my father is 86 and starting with dementia, the will has both myself and him as executors, my mother died last year. She always tried to give us both the same growing up. I suspect he is avoiding me as he knows my father will soon not be in a position to change the will.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
who is actually avoiding you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother is not returning my calls he is using an answer machine I went to his house last week, tv on windows open, car in drive but no answer after 5 knocks on window and door.
why does this matter if there is a will in place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It probably dosent matter that much exept that father has fallen 4 times and i wished him to contact me to discuss as the neigbours told me. At 86 he is losing functions and decisions will have to be taken in future but my brother wont communicate.
As frustrating as it is he does not need to communicate with you if he does not want to. He is allowed to stay away until perhaps matters have settled down. happy to discuss and questions - please rate positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian
My pleasure - please rate positive for me - thanks and please come back as necessary