Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

If this is free advice then i thank you in advance,i have

Customer Question

hi,if this is free advice then i thank you in advance,i have a partner currently in this country and her fifth visit to her family ,we wish to make it permanent one day and i am going to stay with her in phillipines in about seven weeks but i wish to know what i heard is fact i was told i have to have 16,000 pounds in bank in uk but i am a pensionaer 67,years old and i now recently retired and have my pension only and i also own my own house ,is there any variation on this topic which will reduce the necessity of 16,000 pounds ,thank you for listening
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Do you want her to come to the UK and stay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she is planning to come to stay but i need an answer to the question i asked about do i have to have 16,000 pounds in bank as i am pensioner and own my own house i need to forgo this problem somehow as we wish to be together in uk eventually

I see. The financial requirements for her are very strict. She must prove that she is in a genuine relationship.You must be one of the following:married or civil partnersliving together in a relationship for 2 yearsengaged to be married or to become civil partnersShe must prove that any previous relationships she or you had are permanently broken down.She must also meet the financial requirement of:£18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself£22,400 per year for you and one child£2,400 per year for each additional childAs such the sum of saving you have unless she has money is not sufficient for her to live here. Happy to discuss but can you please rate positive for my help so far - thanks

I hope that this helps - please rate positive