75100385

Following my allegation that my local bank manager was defrauding

Following my allegation that my local bank manager was defrauding me by pretending I was handing in counterfeit notes, which were then retained - the bank in question is investigating, but only internally. They tell me I am not going to get to know the outcome. What rights do I have to find out whether I was the only customer to be defrauded? And what has happened to the bank manager in question? Meanwhile the bank have refunded my money even though several of the incidents concerning this man cannot be proved.
He leaves one possible audit trail. Which was a counterfeit retention slip issued after his first insistence that three out of six twenty pound notes were counterfeit. Apparently said notes are supposed to passed over to the bank of England within a two month period.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If the bank have refunded you, what is it you want to achieve ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Simple understandable human curiosity to know the outcome in the circs! Has my accusation been verified, has he been sacked, moved, did he do it to others? It's a serious allegation and not entirely comfortable to live with although I am sure he was committing a fraud. Not interested in anything beyond knowing the above.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Sadly it's nothing to do with you, it's between the bank and an employee. The bank may refer it to the police and it's possible you may have to give a statement. If you do give a statement then you would be notified out of the outcome.
But for an employee and employee dispute sadly it's nothing to do with you and it would breach the data protection act if they told you.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes that's basically what the bank said. They didn't seem to think it would come to court although to what level they could ignore his actions would be interesting!

I just hope I'd had some rights to find out, but it seems not : (

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly not, I wish it was better news.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.