Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

My partner's daughter, who lives

Customer Question

Dear Sir or Madam, My partner's daughter, who lives with a lady in Cornwall and is 6, is currently in the middle of a high court battle as to where she should live. We won the initial court case in January of last year, but the lady who looks after ********, wants to keep her and so the case is due to be heard in Jan Feb next year in London. This lady, upon the mother's demise in April, has parental responsibility granted her in the meantime for *******, however they are wanting to allow her to go to Alaska with her grandad for a family wedding over there and the other solicitors are saying that our opinions do not matter and that she, who has parental responsibility is enough. Where does the law stand re issues in this case, bearing in mind, that we may have her to live with us and then she will not retain her parental responsibility rights. With thanks ******** **********

Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please can I ask:
- does your partner have parental responsibility?
- is the trip planned before or after the final hearing?
- does your partner have any concerns that Tiggy won't be brought back to the uk?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
has there been a hearing to determine whether she can go to Alaska?