Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

When we seperated in 2000 My partner signed a statement to

When we seperated in 2000 My partner signed a statement to say that he wanted nothing from his pension and that he was literally giving it to me albiet it is in his name. It is a very small yearly pension Which I have been receiving since approx 2006. Can this be taken into account as income that he is receiving although he dosent get it.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
in what context?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is 68 yrs old and receives state pension with a bit of pension credit.
Does it go to him and he transfer it to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no we still have a joint account which was never closed and it goes into there and I transfer it from there. There is nothing else in the account.
I see well if that is the case then this sum would be taken into account as income which he is receiving - it is technically still going to him - but he has agreed between the two of you for you to have the sum without the benefit of a court order or for the insurance company to sent it to you directly. I hope that this answers your question - please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will the full amount be taken into account or only half.
if it is only in his name then the full sum.Please remember to rate positive - thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is only in his name but would I not be entitled to half of the moneythanks
were you married?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Ok then you would be entitled to your share - this can of course be the whole of the sum - if that was the basis of the settlement agreement.