12826847

I bought a set of golf clubs recently at American Golf shop

Customer Question

I bought a set of golf clubs recently at American Golf shop in Monument London. The sales staff advised that with their data and my clubs speed that i required a regular strenght shaft. But i informed the sales rep.that I had been playing with stiff strenght shafts for 30 years. But he just sat there and said well the computer data says this and I felt that i could not go against his word so I agreed. This company offers clubs tailored fitted so I assumed that if the shafts were incorrect then they would change these at no extra cost. Unfortunately i paid for the clubs to be changed , a few days afterwards I thought to myself why should I have to pay its not a great deal of money to this massive company and surely customer service is paramount.
American Golf say that they will not refund me the money so how can i take this further I do not understand why they will not refund the money its only £300 .
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry if I am missing the point but I'm not sure what your complaint is? You seem to accept agreeing to these shafts?
Am I wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i did agree to these shafts but only because the sales staff said that his computer data system said so. This was then i informed the sales that i had used stiff shafts for 30 years , the sales chap just looked at and repeated his last statement. So i felt i had to go along with his recommendations.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand but that doesn't amount to a case against them.
Come what may, you have been given what they agreed to provide. There is no particular complaint over the quality of these shafts which would engage the SGA. They are just not what you wanted but you did agree to them.
I'm very sorry but that does not entitle you in law to anything at all.
If you complain then they may be willing to make an offer in the interests of good business. Often retailers will do more than the law demands.
If you go to court though then you will lose I'm afraid if the facts are as you say.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not wish to go to court I originally tried to contact the Citizens Advise bureau and somehow i have got throught to your web page. No i did not agree to the regular shafts i wanted stiff and when the sales staff said but the computer says this i felt i had todo as he said. So when the clubs arrived i tried them and they felt nothing like the club i had tried on their driving range which was a stiff shaft. But hey it does not matter many thanks for trying i will just go socail media and contact as many golf journals as i can find write to their edtitors and let them decide if they wish to write publish my plight.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand but which ever way you look at this you did agree. There is no way around it.
That is unless, of course, a representation were made to you at the time of a no quibble money back or exchange or something similar to that.
Social media often achieves what you want.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Once again thank you for your professional knowledge but i feel that i have not been given a tailor made service. I can not believe in this stupid country that customer service is so bad. I feel that i was pressured in what they said goes. If i were in America then this would not happen . I do not wish to waste any more of your time so i will bid you goodbye.

Regards ***** *****

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Best od luck.