75100385

We have been renting a yard years and found out the landlord

Customer Question

we have been renting a yard for 3 years and found out the landlord has gone bust we have no lease and the bank want to sell the whole site but we want to buy our yard and made a offer the rest of the site is full of waste and will cost thousands to clear do we have rights
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you ever had a lease please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no despite asking for a lease on a monthly basis the landlord said he would sort it but never did, its only just come to ;light that he should not have been subletting to anybody
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we were only going to rent the yard temp for six months but circumstances changed and we moved the business to the east coast from Nottingham due to he growth of the company
How much notice has the bank given?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the b ank has not given notice to move but want to sell the whole site
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the rest of the site is a waste recycling site with 6000 ton of waste dumped in it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have we finished
It's bad news I am afraid, without any lease you have no rights. That is no right to remain or buy it. You can make an offer but the bank don't have fo accept it.
So no sadly you have no rights whatsoever, all you can do is negotiate with the bank,
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest,
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/