75100385

My tenants have done a runner owing three months rent. They

Customer Question

My tenants have done a runner owing three months rent. They have left the property in a state, dirty carpets, filthy bathroom and toilet, overgrown bushes and garden etc.... They have also left personal possessions behind which will need clearing away before the house can be re let. The letting agency who I pay to do a full management service have never carried out an inspection of the property despite a clause in their Service Agreement stating the following: "To visit the property during the fourth and approximately every third month thereafter of the tenancy, subject to access not being denied by the Tenant, in order to appraise the general condition of the property" Where do I stand with regards ***** ***** the letting agency to pay towards the cleaning and gardening of the house because if they had been carrying out regular inspections the garden wouldn't be as overgrown as it currently is.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the costs from the agent within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/