Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

A customer has asked us to store goods 18 months

hi
a customer has asked us to store goods for over 18 months now wants there money back .
Where do we stand please.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Can you explain the situation in more detail. Did you have anything in writing to show that he asked you to store goods?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi on the invoice it says customer will call ,
do we need to give him a refund or can we charge him for storingwe sell garden furniture and was waiting for the customer to finish his garden but now he wants a full refund
do you mean call to arrange delivery?
Have you tried to deliver the item?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes to both but he doesn't want delivery now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we don't want to refund the money now but not sure where we stand
Did he pay in full? What is the value of the order? Will you be able to sell it on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes he did £1622.50 no this time of year it will have to go back on sale in march 2016
Ok thanks, ***** ***** suggest you say that he has no right to a refund either under your terms and conditions or under the Sale of Goods Act so you will either deliver the furniture within the next 7 days or you will charge a storage charge.
He has no right to a refund if he has simply changed his mind.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.