Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

A customer has asked us to store goods 18 months

hi
a customer has asked us to store goods for over 18 months now wants there money back .
Where do we stand please.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Can you explain the situation in more detail. Did you have anything in writing to show that he asked you to store goods?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi on the invoice it says customer will call ,
do we need to give him a refund or can we charge him for storingwe sell garden furniture and was waiting for the customer to finish his garden but now he wants a full refund
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
do you mean call to arrange delivery?
Have you tried to deliver the item?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes to both but he doesn't want delivery now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we don't want to refund the money now but not sure where we stand
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Did he pay in full? What is the value of the order? Will you be able to sell it on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes he did £1622.50 no this time of year it will have to go back on sale in march 2016
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** suggest you say that he has no right to a refund either under your terms and conditions or under the Sale of Goods Act so you will either deliver the furniture within the next 7 days or you will charge a storage charge.
He has no right to a refund if he has simply changed his mind.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.