Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

There, we are currently experiencing a problem with someone

Customer Question

hello there, we are currently experiencing a problem with someone who came for a trial with our company before potentially going on to an apprenticeship with our company, she did not make it past the trial stage but now she works at another local company where she is coming in to contact with our customers and is saying some very nasty things about our business, because of the girl in questions age (17 or 18) we don't want to pursue full blow legal action yet but we would like a legal letter sending to her warning her to stop. We are also looking into an additional document that current/ future staff/ volunteers could sign to agree that the will not post anything negative online/ speak to people in a negative way etc.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Did she have a contact of employment or apprenticeship with you at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, we didn't get to that stage, that's part of the reason why I would like another document to get future people to sign.

Nat

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nat, it is much easier with a contract. I can draft one for you. I will make an offer to do this as an additional service.
As far as the girl is concerned you can write to her to ask her to refrain from bad mouthing your business to 3rd parties and say if she does not you will consider bringing a claim against her in negligent misstatement.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes a contract would be very useful to us, however with the girl in question i am looking for a letter to be written from a lawyer/ solicitor etc directly to the girl in question to add formality and impress upon her the serious nature of her actions. Basically I just want it to stop but do not believe that it will by our company writing directly to her.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well that might be possible but the more pressing issue is the letter to the girl

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi I can see you have declined the offer. If you need a solicitors letter and do not want to accept the offer then you will need to see a local high street solicitor for help with this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im sorry, I thought the offer was for the contract only, was your offer for a contract and a letter to the girl in question?

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
My details are below please can you call me?