75100385

August 03 i was done fraud in crown court in was

August 03 i was done for benefit fraud in crown court in was agreed my total of benefit fraud was 30% of my exhusband property total £41,900 my family have helped me out to pay this off for me but i have had freatening letters from dwp saying that i still owe £49.500 even though in court it was agreed by both parties that my benefit was only £41.500 they are threaning baliff and the debt collection agency has sent me letters, I have sent them letters and transit from the court
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If the Court agreed £41,500 and they are chasing it now, they are out of time for the higher amount. This is because of the Limitation Act 1980.
Therefore you are only liable for the £41,500.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There trying to take civil saying there allowed to take this extra amount even though the crown agreed amount The department of work and pension seems to be getting away with this im fighting a losing battle It looks like they wont a extra £49,500

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. They can't - its illegal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I really hope your right Alex, I suffer mental health issues and im so down thank you xx

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. As I said they are too late under the Limitation Act anyway.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.