12826847

My partner has had a stroke how can I access her account in

Customer Question

My partner has had a stroke how can I access her account in her name only she has debit Visa card...and a PIN number also a cheque book how can I obtain funds from her account legally ...can you help...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do i need to go to her bank and tell them as well ….. she is still in hospital in a coma but stable….this happened 4 days ago….
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhy do you need access urgently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not urgent …but the hopes are not very good….she has more funds than me in her account but if comes to the worst what do you do I'm only part time working ..i have funds to get me by and pay bills…..but if i need some extra what do you do...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have both made wills…if it comes to the worst do i contact a lawyer myself….and take it from there
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You need to apply to be her Deputy - the details are herehttps://www.gov.uk/become-deputy/overviewIt does take some time but if there is a very urgent need an early order can be made.I am so sorry that you have to deal with this added burden at this time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks very much for your help…..will be in touch…..
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome - and a word of advice - remember you need to eat and sleep as well