75100385

Britelite installed double glazed windows to the front of our

Customer Question

Britelite installed double glazed windows to the front of our house on 9th April 2015. The unit were incorrectly made, badly fitted and they also damaged the fabric (brickwork) of our house.
The installers of Britelite, one had minimal NVQ and the other no qualifications. They caused a lot of damage which I've had reviewed by an independent surveyor. He said they did not have the required experience nor qualifications, he is correct.
Under the new CRA 2015 can I now reject their windows and replace with a new DG firm??
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
The last would only apply from 1st October 2015 when the install took place, you cant claim retrospective. However you still have a claim under Section 13 of the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 by failing to act with all reasonable skill and care.
You can get the work fixed or done by someone else. You need to get several quotes for doing this and this forms your loss.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk  or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/