12826847

Good Morning Sir or Madam, My question is about Child Tax

Customer Question

Good Morning Sir or Madam,
My question is about Child Tax Credit.
My name is ***** ***** I'am a single mother a 4 kids. I'm on Income support and I get Child tax credit as well.
HM Revenue & Customs sent me a letter a couple of days ago saying that they needed to check if I was living with a partner.
They sent me the same letter last year and I had already told them that I was living on my own with my kids. Although, I sent them some evidences they stopped the Child Tax Credit Allowance until we went to the Tribunal. Finally, I won the case, then I was given a compensation.
This October, They sent me the same letter. I'am about to reply them by sending some documents. However, I'm wondering if they have the right to bother me like that, it looks like a revenge because I won the case last year. They know that they have nothing against me except allegations. My concern is that the caseworker who will look at my case may not accept the evidence that I will provide, and may decide again to stop the Child Tax credit Allowance because of she or he is stubborn.
What shall I do ?
Shall I reply to them and wait until they reply to me ?
Thanks for you reply ?
Aimee
Are you asking what action they are likely to take?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'am asking if they have the right to send me the same letter every year to check if I'm living with a partner although this not the case.

Do you think that it's better for me to reply them first by sending the documents they request to show that I'm a lone parent, then wait until they reply to me or not ?

Yes, they do. In fact, they are under a duty to do so. They have to check there has been no change in circumstances. They need declarations from people to that effect.You should reply as there is a duty to do so. Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thanks for your reply

Aimee

No problem
All the best.