75100385

We are a company and purchased a web domain from an insolvency

Customer Question

We are a company and purchased a web domain from an insolvency practitioner who was distributing the assets of a company in liquidation. We purchased this domain for £500 nearly 10 months ago, and have subsequently spent many thousands of pounds advertising it. The ex director had the domain registered in his own name and agreed at the point of us purchasing it to transfer the domain to ourselves (Virtual Aerospace Ltd). However despite constant chasing and agreements from him that has never happened and the domain remains in his name. We emailed the insolvency practitioner and he has now told us that as the company is essentially out of liquidation there is nothing we can do about the situation. My question is what recourse do we have and should we be chasing the insolvency company or the person who owns the domain?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
The IP is refusing to do anything and you just want the domain transferred?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

07912253946

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.