75100385

I have received notification to attend court speeding

I have received notification to attend court for a speeding offence. The paperwork states "This offence Carries Penalty Points" but there is no suggestion that it may incur a fine other than stating "If you are convicted, the prosecution will ask the court to order you to pay a contribution towards the costs of bringing the case of £85"
As it clearly states their is no suggestion of a fine, can a fine still be imposed?
Additionally, the offence occurred on 26/5/2015. The court summons was received on 10/10/2015. Is there any legal timescale between offence and reciving a summons?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Summons should be within 6 months so they are in time. Just because it does not mention a fine doesnt mean it can't be imposed. The law says a fine CAN be imposed.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.