12826847

I bought a new Ford from Bristol Street Motors through Ford

Customer Question

I bought a new Ford from Bristol Street Motors through Ford Finance. I paud a £700 deposit.
They have delivered the car, but it is to the wrong specification and they wont deliver one to the correct spec as they say they made a mistake with the quote and it would cost too much money .
They will only cancel the contratc and take the car back.
Do they have an obligation to supply the car they sold me ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
In principle they should supply the car at the price quoted but the plain fact remains that they are refusing to do so. They cannot be forced.
All you can do is pay the difference and then sue to recover it if you are intent upon securing that particular vehicle.
There is no other way of forcing them to comply except possibly seeking an injunction which would be expensive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** reply.

If I pay the difference do I have a sound position in law to then recover the difference (approx £2000) ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If they accept the misquote then you do.
There is a risk that cannot be stamped out though. Nothing can be guaranteed in law.