Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I have been diagnose with depression by private

Customer Question

i have been diagnose with depression by private psychiatrist, i have been keeping and teach with GP about my mental health 6 years now , because of the problems with my mother in low she was harassing me for 6 years can i take her to court to pay me recover
my self and get therapy for her damage. what can i do ?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid not - it may seem remarkable unfair but we can not bring such claims - it is against public policy to bring a claim for these types of damages. Happy to discuss but please rate positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I take her to the court for harassment ?
In what context
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not know , why we take people to the court if they harass others ? i want punishment for destroy my life ,
Again I am not convinced that you would be entitled to seek compensation - if there is ongoing harassment which you can prove then you maybe able to bring a claim for a non molestation order - this would simply prevent her from contacting you - happy to discuss but please rate positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what you mean "rate positive " I'm pressed the stars all the time
It has not come up that the stars have been pressed - can you try again - thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so when we are entitled to seek compensation ?she stop harassing me ,
You will not be entitled from what you have written to compensation but if she continues to harass you can seek a non molestation to prevent her from contacting you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I'm confuse because I find this on web side :When can you take civil court action about harassment?If you’ve been the victim of harassment you can take action in the civil courts against the person harassing you. You need to make your claim within six years of when the harassment happened.You can still take civil court action even if the person harassing you hasn’t been found guilty of a criminal offence.What can the court do if you take civil action about harassment?The court can make an order or injunction that the person harassing you must stop their behaviour. If they don’t stop harassing you after the court has made an injunction against them, it's a criminal offence and they can be prosecuted in the criminal courts.You can also ask the court for compensation if you’ve suffered financial or emotional loss - for example, if the harassment has made you feel very anxious or distressed.If you’re thinking about taking court action, you should get advice from an experienced adviser - for example, at a Citizens Advice Bureau.
Not in these types of matters - you can seek compensation in employment matters - but not between mother and a daughter