75100385

My daughter asked me to be the guarantor a flat

Customer Question

My daughter asked me to be the guarantor for renting a flat with 3 other people in London.The form I'm asked to fill in covers the whole rent and does not mention the other 3 people.If I signed would I be liable for the other people defaulting on their payments, should they default.Is there anyway I can make that form personal to my daughter?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes it would be for whole rent. This is because each tenant is joint and severally liable making you liable. You should ask if the others are guarantors as well.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.