75100385

I have a dispute with a roofer, who quote the whole roof re-roofing

Customer Question

I have a dispute with a roofer, who quote the whole roof re-roofing job for £3300 + VAT. However, when the roof was taken off, he changed the priced price to be only for roof only on top of 1 room. If it was for the whole roof the price would be £14,500. I stopped his work after half day he started work and agreed to pay him half day work and materials used and one week scaffold paid which was £876. He demand me to pay two week scaffold with total of £1063. If I do not pay he will not remove the scafforld which will be further £200/week. What should I do now?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you get the quote in writing please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have the quote in writing. After I was happy with his quote, i asked him to sign a contract, he said that he never sign contract.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you pls call me on *********** or I can call you if you give me your number.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.