12826847

I am a Japanese woman who married a english man living in france.

Customer Question

I am a Japanese woman who married a english man living in france. I do not have french visa. For 5 years I have lived with him, married 2 years ago. First 2 years I had a long stay visa for france. But because of his abuse I went back to Japan. He came to Japan and asked me to be with him. Then we married. I left Japan last february to live with him in france. But his abuse has been so hard for me and I came back to Japan and went to france again and again. (I never overstayed in France. )
If I want to divorce, how can I do? I want to have some compensation. I helped him financialy quite a few. And his abuse....he is a control freak.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist.
Please may I ask- which country are you and your husband living in now?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Caroline

I am now in Japan. But not registered myself in Japan because I was going to live in France. Even this time, I was going back to France. So I have not registered myself anywhere....because I wanted to register in France....

His registration is now in France(I think), not in UK.

He took advantage of my applying for french visa. I needed his papers and we had to go together to the prefecture. He always threatened me "If you do not behave......" So I could not apply for french visa. 90 days were the limit for me to stay in France. At the end, he tried to do what he had to do...but I got too nervous about the time limit and he treated me so badly then I came back to Japan again.

Anyway, my registration is nowhere now(but I can register in Japan immediately) and his registration is in France.

Japanese law about divorce is not helpful at all. France and UK is much better.

Thank you for your response.
If neither of you are residing in the UK then it is unlikely that the UK court will accept Jurisdiction of your case.
I will opt out and transfer your case to EU law.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Caroline

I really need the help of an expert who knows french law.

Kind Regards

I want sure if we had a French Law section but we do. I have requested that your question be transferred to tho section. Hopefully this will happen shortly so that the appropriate expert can help you.
Kindest Regards
Caroline