Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Good morning, I'm interested to know if it's possible to

Good morning, I'm interested to know if it's possible to open a company site without give real company information but using just an alias, and the same on the invoices, if it's possible to give just an alias. P.S. My company it's based in UK. Answers
only from solecitors, lawyer and notary legally authorized to give legal advice in UK and also based in Uk with activity. Cheers Dario
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
If this is a limited company registered in the UK you are required under the The Company, Limited Liability Partnership and Business (Names and Trading Disclosures) Regulations - to display your name, company number and registered office at principle place of business.
What exactly will you be doing on the website? Will it be revenue generating?
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to do a website for B2C and another website for B2B, but he problem it's that for our policy we don't want show a link between this 2 sites, because we don't want that the consumers take in consideration business portal for marketing and policy motivations.
Form another company for do that it's expensive.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Forming another company costs about £40 in the UK. Is your business regulated?
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I need to pay forming cost again, accouting each month again, registered office (I don't want show my house).
About the informations of my company, Is ok that will be showed just into a section in the site (not in the footer or in every page)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About regulated I think that it's not needed because it's just for IT services (it's not a bank)
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. It doesnt need to be on every page just in your terms and conditions or "About the Company" section. You can use different trading names for one company as well as you make it clear in the fine print that the trading name is ***** ***** the company for example "ABC is a trading name of XYZ Ltd". Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About the Terms and Conditions and the contracts for the services, I need to authenticate or to a procedure with a notary or lawyer?
Because if a people buy a service on my site, read the terms and conditions, read the contracts, read company informations, but how can I give an evidence in front of a court house that this documents it's not altered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I also give an evidence that the consumers have accepted a specific contract and ToS?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Under English law if you give someone notice of your terms and conditions and say that they form part of your contract before the service starts then the service will be bound by those terms and conditions (a contract does not need to be signed and in writing) you could just send them and email saying all services are subject to terms and conditions - but this must be before you commence the service provision. Another option is to get them to tick a box on your website.
Terms and conditions can be drafted by a lawyer but they do not need to be notarised going forward. Consumer will have consumer protection as well such as the protections in the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that it's strange, but for me that arrive from an italian law contest where if a document it's not notarized it's a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About the trading name that you have mentioned:
Do I need to register for use this trading name in the world as online service (I want to use a domain name as trading name)?
Can I replace the company name with the trading name on the invoice and on terms and conditions?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
You may want to register as a Trade Mark or Domain name if you actually want to protect it.
Yes you can use it for invoicing but the invoice will still need to say somewhere that it is a trading name of limited company.
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So for example:I replace this on the invoice
Hello Ltd
Street example, 1
UK
E4 XXXto ***** example, 1
UK
E4 XXX
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it needed to insert this name inside a public register or it's just ok the terms and conditions?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
If you use a trading name you need make sure you put the details of the underlying company on official company documents i.e stationery, invoices and your websites.
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, but Can I put this details just into terms and conditions that it's possible to see on the company sites and say that this trading name it's of this ltd company and issue the invoice with the format of the example of previous post?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, Can you confirm to this last reply (because I need to rate the topic) ?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
No your invoices must contain (even in small print) details of the limited company which is the entity that underlies the trading name.
AJ