75100385

I recently had my motor insurance cancelled and the company

Hi i recently had my motor insurance cancelled and the company said its due to inacurate information i am a company director of my own courier business and i have a van insured through my company and i had insurance on my private car nothing to do with the business they cancelled my car insurance because i put down im a company director and not a courier this is now having an impact on insuring my private car now as ive had a policy cancelled and just getting ridiculous quotes for insurance where do i stand with this
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you write and register a formal complaint? Did they say you were an increased risk please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi alex i didnt write a letter to them i had a telephone conversation with them and yes they did say im an increased risk even though i didnt give false information and the 2 policies are completely seperate
Thanks. You should write and make a formal complaint. I cant see how you are an increased risk. Once they investigate then if you are not happy with the result you can then complain to the Financial Ombudsman.
The FOS can look at the complaint for free as they are independent: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
They have powers to look at it and see whether in reality they would not or would have still insured you. They can make a finding to reinstate their policy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could i potentially have a legal case concerning this ?
Potentially yes. But Ombudsman first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok brilliant thank you for your help and guidance
Good luck!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/