How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I recently had my motor insurance cancelled and the company

Resolved Question:

Hi i recently had my motor insurance cancelled and the company said its due to inacurate information i am a company director of my own courier business and i have a van insured through my company and i had insurance on my private car nothing to do with the business they cancelled my car insurance because i put down im a company director and not a courier this is now having an impact on insuring my private car now as ive had a policy cancelled and just getting ridiculous quotes for insurance where do i stand with this
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you write and register a formal complaint? Did they say you were an increased risk please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi alex i didnt write a letter to them i had a telephone conversation with them and yes they did say im an increased risk even though i didnt give false information and the 2 policies are completely seperate
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. You should write and make a formal complaint. I cant see how you are an increased risk. Once they investigate then if you are not happy with the result you can then complain to the Financial Ombudsman.
The FOS can look at the complaint for free as they are independent:
They have powers to look at it and see whether in reality they would not or would have still insured you. They can make a finding to reinstate their policy.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could i potentially have a legal case concerning this ?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Potentially yes. But Ombudsman first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok brilliant thank you for your help and guidance
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Good luck!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you