Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I am a filipina with a british citizen passport and settled

Hello,I am a filipina with a british citizen passport and settled here in UK.My husband is a seafarer and is based abroad,we have 2 daughters.One is in the Philippines which I applied recently to join us but was refused a settlement visa.The reason is the entry clearance officer was not satisfied that I have the sole responsibility for her upbringing and no serious and compelling exclusion from uk rules.Our daughter is being look after by my parents,but I am concerned now because they got their own lives to worry about and my daughter is growing up and needs a mother'love.What can I show that as a mother I am responsible for her upbringing.My husband is not decided yet to join us.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
How old is she?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is 9years old
I see. You would need to set out to the Home Office that you need to care for your child. That if this is correct your parents can not care for her forever and that the child wants to live with her mother - stress the Article 8 rights and needs of a family life and in particular the needs of the child. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply,what evidence can I give?
You would want a copy of the birth certificate and any proof that you have that she is your daughter and that she has only been staying with your parents; any proof of a place for schooling in the UK (should she be able to move) and any confirmation from your parents that she can not stay there any longer. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much.