29905560

I receive a letter from a Malaysia firm of solicitors called

I receive a letter from a Malaysia firm of solicitors called J.R. Samuel and Associates saying I have come to an inheritance as the said person died without a living family. The family died in 2010 in a plane crash and his name is***** He has passed away now and my name came up from the search . He introduced himself and a little bit about the person that passed away in Malaysia. They promised to forward the necessary paperwork to complete and deals with it. Should I complete the forms on arrival? Please advice me.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have a website or email of these people?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Do you have a website or email of these people?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No direct email and website. I take it, there is nothing you can do for me.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
This is a classic scam. Such types of scams, better known as ‘advance-fee fraud’ are unfortunately very common these days and many unsuspecting people fall for them. The ways in which such scams operate are as follows:{C}· You are contacted, usually out of the blue, and promised a large sum of money from an inheritance. The usual story is that you have a long-lost relative that has left money in their will, or a stranger has named you as a beneficiary in their will.{C}· Before you are entitled to receive this sum of money, you are asked to pay certain fees, such as legal costs, administrative costs, taxes, etc. This is the advance-fee part of the scam. In reality, if you would not be expected to pay any fees upfront and the reasons stated are not genuine. You may not have been asked to do so yet but it is just a matter of time and often this request is made right at the last minute, once they have gained your trust.{C}· Another clue is the dubious methods by which you are expected to pay that money. Usually it is through Western Union, Moneygram, or by buying pre-paid cards or vouchers. All methods are commonly used by fraudsters as the recipient is extremely difficult, if not impossible to trace. I have checked the Malaysian Bar Register and there is a company with that name but of course there is no guarantee they are the ones you are dealing with as anyone can pretent they are from a genuine firm. I would certainly suggest that you DO NOT proceed any further with this. DO NOT send any information and certainly do not send money if asked to. Cease all contact with the other party and do not communicate any further with them. If you really wanted to you could complete the forms with fake personal details and see where they take this. As soon as they start demanding money in advance for whatever reason, then you have it confirmed that it is a scam. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'