Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

Can Probate be granted without the Estate Accounts being c

Can Probate be granted without the Estate Accounts being completed?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Yes. The granting of probate is the process which allows you to speak to the banks etc and obtain the details to prepare the accounts. Please rate positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a beneficiary under a Will dated 19th August 2007. The deceased died on the 1st August 2008 with Probate being granted on the 12 November 2913 at the District Probate However, the sole Executor (Deceased's son) has not paid out the legacies. The Executor has already taken out £100,000 from a Trust fund - again is this legal?
The executor is allowed to gather up the assets for the purpose of distribution - he should not be taking any money for his own benefit (other than fees allowed for within the will etc). I would be concerned as to why matters are taking so long. Please rate positive for answering the original question