75100385

There, I own my event management agency and we source venue client and get paid

Hi there, I own my event management agency and we source venue for our client and get paid a commission by the venue. over 2 years ago we have done quite a large party in London and after the event the venue didn't want to pay us the commission as we were not set-up as a supplier before my client signed the contract with them.
I have tried several things nice emails, angry emails, managers, etc. The anwers is that their hands are tight and I should have been set up as a supplier before my client signed the paper work. Is this legal? They are quite a large organisation and it was quite a lot of money that they owed me, so feel they did it on purpose.
Kins regards,
Denise Zijlstra
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.