Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have an EAT hearing coming up in a few weeks. I am the appellant.

I have an EAT hearing coming up in a few weeks. I am the appellant. I wish to know if it is OK to ask the EAT / Respondent to prepare the bundle of authorities. Mainly, because I would struggle getting ICR / IRLR reports - although I reckon it is easier for Respondent solicitors to arrange it. How do I go about it - specifically do I let the EAT know of this wish, or should I instead ask the Respondent - In the latter case, I assume that if they refuse - it wouldnt appear reasonable for the EAT to make an Order.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. I don't mean to be downbeat, but you really are barking up the wrong tree making an application to get the EAT or the Respondent to prepare the bundles. It is your appeal and it will get struck out if you won't prepare the bundles. No Respondent to an appeal is going to prepare your appeal for you. Nor will the EAT. I would advise you to seek help if necessary from a union rep or a solicitor to get access to reports if you otherwise cannot. However, it would be foolish to think that someone else, like the REspondent is going to help you prepare your appeal, as it is not in their interest to do so.