13262538

My sister in law in living in a property belonging to me. She

my sister in law in living in a property belonging to me. She doesnt pay rent or rates on the property. I will be selling the house to her next year. Ive been made aware that she wants to rent the house out before it comes into her ownership. Can she do this against my wishes?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstIs there actually written agreement between you that she will be purchasing the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No written agreement of any kind has been made.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In that case your sister has no right whatsoever to let the house out as she is not an owner and has no right to live in the property herself other than with your agreementI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.