Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I am paying luxury flat and its a complete mess my elevator

Customer Question

I am paying for a luxury flat and its a complete mess my elevator didn't not work for about 6 months and they fixed it a couple of weeks ago. I have to pay for parking my car 100 pounds per month and its very small and the parameters are wrong it doesn't fit as much cars as it fits. The room for garbage disposal is very small with only 2 waste bins and 3 buildings use the same disposal area. I called the agency and i didn't get a call back I had to call them again. The workers of the building always block the garage so you can't get out or get in the parking.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
are you renting or do you own? what is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am renting
My question is do they have the right to let me pay for a parking that I am pretty sure is illegal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the garbage is all over the smell is bad the place is very small and the driveway is always blocked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or can I file a complaint and get a compenstation for the treatment I've been getting
The starting point is the terms of the lease that you entered into with them and what exactly that says with regard to the parking space. If you discussed with them at the start of the lease that you needed parking and then they provided this space which you can not get into then you have a very valid claim for either a refund or compensation. I would put that in writing to them and seek their proposals. I would write to them and seek their proposals also for the garbage - you were offered this as a luxury apartment and this is simply not what you are getting. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I knew I had to pay for the car park and I told him i am happy to do so when they fix the parameters and when they give everyone his/her space until now they didn't do that and he accused me of not paying for the car park and he says what i am doing is 100% illegal
It is not illegal - it may be a breach of contract - but you are simply saying that you will pay when it is sorted and you are getting something for your money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so is it fine if i keep it parked there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and could i file a complaint that they are asking me to pay for something that is still not fixed and i have an email saying i want to pay for parking and they answered me after 3 weeks saying are you still intrested in paying i said yes if you fix this problem and they know i was parking there.
If you are parking there then you are using the service - as such there is an argument that you should be paying something