How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a spent conviction and wish to visit Canada in August

Resolved Question:

Hi I have a spent conviction and wish to visit Canada in August 2016 the offence was committed in 1999 can I apply for a Eta
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I willi help you.
What was the offence and what did you get please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Deception 2 years convicted served 9 months in 1999
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The U.K. And Canada have no information sharing agreements. Therefore unless you declare it they won't know about it. Of course I can't tell you to lie and you legally should declare it.
So unless you tell them they won't find out, they don't share information between Canada and the U.K.
Can I clarify anything For you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex there are no questions on the eta form so I will press on many thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.