Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

My son said something at school to a teacher that I hurt him. The

My son said something at school to a teacher that I hurt him.
The school called social services. Now I have to go for a interview at police station. I didn't hurt my son with unreasonable force.
Should I be worried about anything?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Can you tell me what happened in a little more detail? How old is your child? Has anything thing like this happened before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My son is 10 he said I hurt him. The school got social services involved. Tyler has to got for recorded interview at police station tomorrow and I should be interviewed tomorrow as well. I've been stopped from seing my kids in the mean time . I have no other information until I'm at police station tomorrow
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Did something happen for him to say this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing like this has happened be
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
I am wondering why he has said this - did something happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a very strong relationships with my kids. I don't know why he said it either
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He lives with his mum not me I just se them at the weekend
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has been having problems at school with some bullies
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing has happened
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
I suggest you take a solicitor with you for the interview - you are entitled to legal advice free of charge under the legal aid scheme. The solicitor will be able to speak to the police and get more information about the allegation and advise you during the interview; the bot***** *****ne is that if the allegation is false then you must tell the police. They will no doubt want to carry out a medical examination too.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
It's true to say that kids do lie - but it's rare to make something up completely up against a parent.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
There must be a reason why he has said this and you need to think about any motive he might have to lie.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing has happened we play fight and my boys do play rough but I don't with them
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any further questions for me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would being bullied at school have something to do with it. Bringing it home and taking it out his parents
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Anything is possible. If bullying has been going on then you might wish to mention this - a child's behaviour can be affected y bullying.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks