75100385

I have a Periodic Tenancy Agreement and have been in residence

I have a Periodic Tenancy Agreement and have been in residence for 18 months, never missed a rental payment or had any dispute of any kind. My Landlord has sent me an email giving me notice I think. It doesn't mention the term "notice", it makes no reference to the Housing Act 1988, it doesn't mention the address and has been issued half way through the rental month, they want possession in exactly 2 months time (16th) to sell the property. Is this notice legal and shouldn't it run from start of rental month (7th) to end (6th)?
Reason I ask is I am hopefully about to have cancer surgery and will be laid up for a couple of months I hope.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
When do you pay your rent please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
7th month
Ok. Then he can only give you notice which takes effect from the next billing period which is the 7th. So whilst he can give you notice on 16 th it won't take effect from the 7th of the following month.
It seems like a notice to quit, but by law doesn't have to mention the housing act. So you can get another few weeks. Even if you don't leave the the landlord would have to get a court order to get you to move, this would take around 4-6 weeks.
Even if possession is granted then it will take another 4-6 weeks for an eviction date. So by then you will have another few months,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I though the Notice had to reference the property by name and a requirement to end my lease. Also is email a legal means of service?
Yes they need to give the address and say they are ending it.
Email is only valid if you have agreed or the lease allows service by email. Otherwise it has to be by posit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No agreement to email in my lease and they have not put address, date or fact this is a notice of ending lease so assume it s not legal. Only want time to find a new house but illness causing me some problems at moment as only diagnosed with Cancer 4 weeks ago. Once I told them, 4 days later I received the email.