75100385

My wife has had a parking fine from a company called Parking

my wife has had a parking fine from a company called Parking Eye for the amount of £135 for overstaying at Morrisons Supermarket on King Street in Aberdeen. We have not paid this fine as we believe it is not legal. We now have had a letter from a debt recovery service based in England called Debt Recovery Plus ltd stating that if we do not pay the fine they will recommend that court action be taken against us. As we are both pensioners we are extremely concerned. Is this legal?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
As it stands yes it is legal. There was a Court of Appeal decision that went in favour of parking eye recently. Please see:
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2015/402.html
The matter is going to the Supreme Court in London and will be decided. But as it stands it is a legal charge.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.