75100385

We are a transport company in dispute with a garage on their

We are a transport company in dispute with a garage on their invoices. It is not that we will not pay, but we will pay what we feel is correct.
What do I need to say to them to have them correctly qualify the labour manhours attributed to the work they have done on our fleet.? Please advise.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You simply need to write and ask for a breakdown of work done. You are entitled to do this - they can get a debt collection agency but they can't do anything, they have no power. They are not bailiffs.
The only way of enforcing this is if they go to Court and even then you can contest it. So dont be bullied, if the price is not correct or work too high you can dispute it and ask for a breakdown.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Their invoices do list the issues with the vehicles, and the work done, and I have asked independent garages to give me quotes for exactly that work, and they have each quoted a lot less man-hours required to do it. That is the issue really, the man hours being quoted is always on the high side in our opinion, but it is only an opinion.

They said on the 2 invoices we queried that they were correct, and we seem to be at a stalemate as there are several other similar invoices, and the man hours are all on the high side.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The law requires that they charge a reasonable sum for reasonable work done. So if they overcharge you or work done is not required this is grounds for complaint and not paying the excess portion.
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.