13262538

I live in a flat which is my main residence, but I bought it

I live in a flat which is my main residence, but I bought it with my sister who has not lived here since her marriage 22 years ago. The flat was recently valued at £235,000. I was first told that if we sold it her share would be subject to CGT. But then someone else said that properties under £350,000 are not subject to CGT. Can you please clarify this?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youI am afraid that you are correct and the other person is not.Your sister will indeed have to pay CGT on her share of the property if it is soldPlease ask if you need further detailsClare