75100385

We have a tenant on a 3 month tenancy agreement which started

We have a tenant on a 3 month tenancy agreement which started 7/9/15.he is now £1250 in arrears. Anything we can do to get him out of our flat?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How many weeks or months is he in arrears?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I cannot afford the cost of a phone call. My husband and I are pensioners on very limited income. The rent from our late daughter's flat was to help us pay our bills etc. I thought my initial payment would be sufficient to get me some advice. Sorry to have troubled you. Many thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I can help via this chat. How many weeks or months is your tenant in arrears?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help. The weekly rent of £250 is due on Mondays in advance. As at yesterday the tenant owed 5 weeks rent.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Sadly you can't issue a notice to quit until he is 8 weeks in arrears. Once he is in 8 weeks arrears you can issue a section 8 notice.
Then once this is done you can issue a claim for possession:
https://www.possessionclaim.gov.uk/pcol/
The Court will give possession then he can be evicted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Alex. My husband says the service you give is worth the cost, so tomorrow I shall take up your offer of live discussion via the phone. Will I continue to be in touch with you? I do hope so. Speak to you tomorrow. Once again, many thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I have been ill these last few days. The likelihood of going into debt because of not getting our rent is worrying me.
I have a question. We want to take up your offer of £38 per month with 7 days free trial. We shall pay now but cannot start calling your solicitors for 10 days or so because we shall away from home. Would that be alright?
I shall rate your service as soon as I have a reply to my question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask another question now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For Alex WWe gave the tenant a tenancy agreement for 3 months which we have now found out is not legal. After living in the flat for just over a month he told us he had applied for housing benefit. We subsequently were informed that housing benefit is only given on a year's tenancy agreement. From 7 September to now he has paid two weeks' rent and owes £1750. He cannot pay his rent without housing benefit. Do we have any other option but to give him a 12 month agreement?