12826847

What do i do if a customer fails to pay me after doing electrical

Customer Question

what do i do if a customer fails to pay me after doing electrical work after agreeing a cash amount to be paid when job was completed ?? as i feel the job is completed and the goal posts are being move constantly and i have the impression that they wont pay.i didn't get them so sign a contract and i have paid for all materials inside the property they occupy and am a little stuck as to weather its worth me taking them to small claims court or not.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How much do they owe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i quoted them £2200 and they have paid me £1200 when half of work was completed leaving £1000 to pay after i had done the rest but they keep moving goal post and being awkward.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok
What is their excuse for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
slight things they are not happy with as regards ***** ***** that have been done for some time but only been told about them now. in my eyes this is just to delay payment all my work has been done to regulations part p for electrics within a dwelling.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you willing to sue them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just want what is owed me and nothing more
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, so are willing to sue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There is only one way to force a person to comply with the law and that is to sue. They probably are being unreasonable which they shouldn't do but the fact remains that they are.
I wouldn't immediately sue. I would send them one letter setting out that they owe X amount and you are giving them 14 days to pay from the date of the letter. Make clear that you will sue if they do not.
If they do not comply then issue against them here
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
You will win.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could i have some more detail on how you think i will win i have no idea of how it all works ??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean?
You have done the work. He has not paid.
they may have complaints but that doesn't mean they can escape payment unless they are really substantial faults.