13262538

Should I be mentioned in a will, if I were to emigrate, would

Customer Question

Should I be mentioned in a will, if I were to emigrate, would I still have to pay inheritance tax on any deceased estate who passed away here in the UK? How long would I need to be abroad before I am considered legally emigrated?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youWhether or not you emigrate is not relevant Inheritance Tax is paid BY THE ESTATE prior to the distribution of the assets and is neither the liability of, nor based on the residence of, any beneficiaryI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare