75100385

I was a tenant I was living in London as

I was a tenant for while I was living in London as an international student. My tenancy ended in September and I moved out on the same day. I actually moved back to my home country that day as well. Anyway it's been a month now and my landlord hasnt sent me my inventory report or my security deposit. I have sent multiple emails but he keeps ignoring me. Today I sent an email to his company giving them a deadline to reply. The thing is I dont know what to do if they decide not to. What are my rights? I paid my rent in full and I didnt do any serious damages to the flat. I fear that they're taking advantage of me being an international student and they want to frustrate me enough so that I let go of my deposit. Please help me
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do this all while I'm overseas or will I have to travel to London?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes of course
Alex.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I'll wait until the end of the deadline I have already given them to start taking the steps you've advised. Thanks again!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.