Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have county courted a company that owes my company money

I have county courted a company that owes my company money but instead of company name i have put the papers in my personal name as i am a director.
Is this ok or do i have to change to company name.
Tony Kendall
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
The claim will fail unless the parties are correct. Due to privity of contract it should be your company name rather than your own name if the contract was with your company and not you personally.
I would suggest you make an application to amend the names of the party on the claim form.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.