Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

Can you help my next door friend has pass away in hospital

Can you help my next door friend has pass away in hospital she left me her key to her house
i have been int touch with the hospital and she did phone before before in hospital to i was next of kin and to look after her house, a now the problem i have is a far member of famliy
is comeing do i given them the key as the house needs to be sorted and they are trying to found out about and can they take anything i don,t wont to get in trouble if they take anything and it come,s back to me and do i keep the key
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Do you know whether there is a will?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not as far as i know she just phone me to say she made me next of kin before her op

Clearly it needs to be determined who is the executor under the will (if there is a will) and as such I would be reluctant to either do anything or give anyone a key until that issue is resolved - you should be giving the key only to the correct person and this until you have proof to the contrary may not be this relative. Please remember to rate positive